Helderberg Primary School
Our school is operated for the benefit of those who would like to receive an education according to the principles held by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, using English Home Language as the medium of instruction.
Parents seeking admission are to submit the following to the school:
- Completed â€śApplication for Admissionâ€ť form
- Application / Registration fee of R500 (non-refundable). Only cash or EFT payments are accepted. No cheques are accepted as payment.
- Certified copy of the childâ€™s birth certificate
- Foreign learners are to provide the school with a valid copy of a study visa, which is issued by the Department of Home Affairs.
- Copy of the â€śRoad to Healthâ€ť card
- Reports from psychologist, occupational therapist, speech therapist or any other relevant report (if applicable)
- Copy of the latest school report or a copy of the pre-school report (grade 1)
- Certified copies of front page of both parentsâ€™ ID books
- Original transfer card from previous school (if learner is accepted at the school).
- Proof of residence, i.e. Telkom, municipal account or television licence
- Confidential â€śRecommendation by Principalâ€ť Questionnaire. The learnerâ€™s current school should complete this and return it to the school.
- Work books used by the learner should be brought with on the day of the assessment as follows:
- Grade 2 â€“ 6 learners: Languages and Mathematics work books
- Grade 7 Learners: Work books for all subjects.
All children undergo an assessment before being accepted into the school. In cases where children do not achieve satisfactorily in the assessment, parents will be advised in writing. The school reserves the right not to indicate the reason(s) why a learner is not accepted at the school. Non-disclosure of any important information relating to the applicant may lead to the learnerâ€™s registration being reviewed.